St Columbas Catholic Primary School
Planet to plate recipe
Our recipe is … Know it all Frittata
Know it all Frittata is based on knowing your food source, we will know for every ingredient used its origins. The eggs will be from Mrs Marshall own free range chickens , and we will have a lesson on the care and welfare of our birds. All veg used will be planted and grown by our pupils in our new extended kitchen garden. This will be a exciting project for our pupils who will be involved in all aspect and of course cooking and eating the end result.
- 4 eggs
- 2 spring onions
- 4 small pre cooked new potatoes
- Ask a grown up helper to switch on the oven to 180/160c fan/Gas 4.
- Grate courgette and add to bowl, snip or cut herbs and spring onions and add to bowl.
- Cut the pre cooked potatoes into small cubes or slices as preferred.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk until the yolks are mixed with the whites.
- Pour all ingredients into the same bowl and mix gentle together.
- Brush round a ovenproof dish with oil , about 16cm in size, tip everything into the dish.
- Ask a helper to put the dish in the oven for 30 min or until eggs are set and serve with fresh salad from your garden.
Note: This recipe can change as the seasons change and produce becomes available form your garden.
Contributor: Mrs Linda Marshall